DIY Project: Wire Wrapping


As soon as I came back from Kota Kinabalu, I wasted no time checking out my semi-precious stone loot! I never thought semi-precious stones could be that cheap - RM 10 for a handful! (I got 3 manly handfuls!). It didn't take long for me to figure out what to do with them stones.


Things needed:
  • Jewelry pliers
  • Wire cutter
  • Jewelry wire (I use 0.5 ga, 0.3 ga)
  • Tumbled stones
  • Lots of patience!

I could only identify a few of the stones, like the Roze Quartz, Green Aventurine, Black Onyx, Citrine, Amethyst, Crystal (Quartz?), Smoky and Tiger Eye. Hopefully, Google will be helpful in naming the others because I want to be able to identify each of them when I start selling my work.


Yes, Christmas season is here, and I'm planning to join bazaars to earn some cash! Here's some of my sample work. It's my first time to try wire wrapping, does it look obvious?

No comments:

Post a Comment