Sunflower Tofu Chips




Kitchen inspiration comes from the passion to cook and learn new dishes. But sometimes, it's fueled by the things you find in your pantry.


I bought Tong Garden packed sunflower seeds a while back. They were shelled and seasoned but I didn't like 'em any more than my usual garlic peanuts. They were just too small to snack on.

My preschooler didn't like it either. Trying to make a kid's snack healthier can really make a mother experimental.

So back in the kitchen, instead of simply coating my tofu with flour, I whipped up what I call the Sunflower-Tofu Chips.

Sunflower Tofu Chips

Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:

Ingredients:
thinly sliced firm tofu
sunflower seeds (packaged)
sesame seeds
flour
pinch of paprika
ground pepper
salt
cooking oil
dash of sesame oil (optional)

Instructions:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Coat tofu slices evenly.
3. Fry until crisp and brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment